Completed Interior & Dyno Results

1989 Mercury Cougar XR7

He are the results of the past few days. I'm very happy with the interior now.  First, a little reminder of what it looked like when I first got the car:

May 13, 2009

And what it looks like as of today.....

Time for another update, although this one is not completely work related. Some of the local Thunderbird/Cougar guys got together today at the dyno. I made a couple of pulls with the Cougar to see where I am at now, and to ensure the A/F was still in good shape after the few minor changes I made. About the only things that changed from last year that would show up on the dyno were the addition of UD Pulleys, different down tubes/cats, and the larger IC.

I picked up about 25rwhp and 21 ft.lbs of torque. The two runs were nearly identical. The second run was slightly leaner, but I think that was just due to the car being up to operating temp, where as the first one it was pretty cold and slightly rich. I'm still seeing more boost than I would like. I might change out the pulley at some point to keep it around 14-15 lbs. I'm pretty happy with the numbers considering how well the car runs, and the fact that the motor is still a stock 3.8L

May 17, 2009

Cougar | Info | Plan | Start | 2007 | 2007 | 2007 | 2008 | 2008 | 2008 | 2008 | 2008 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2009 | 2010